Keysi Martial Art Fighting Method
Keysi Fighting Method is a Spanish Martial Art developed by Andy Norman and Justo Dieguez Serrano since 1980 from their fighting experiences in the streets of UK and Spain. It was established to fit the needs of many people who wanted a thorough self defense system. It is well known for its close range techniques and using a double arm cover over its head (The Pensador) but came into public view when it was used in various Hollywood Films such as the Batman Begins Film. However, Justo decided to increase the number of seminars to make this Martial Art more known in the world.
The Martial Art makes use of multiple attacking ranges with or without weapons its main focus being to protect the most vulnerable parts of the body. For this reason, the art is not only about fighting physically but also about being aware of your environment and anticipating the possible moves of your opponent. With that said, to find out what this Martial Art has to offer, read this KFM review.
Keysi Fighting Method (KFM) Techniques
This Martial Art includes various and distinct techniques some of which are closely related to Krav Maga. However, these techniques can only be learned in classes and not with the help of a video or a book. They include:
- Pensador – means “The Thinking Man” in English language and involves breaking the opponents guard by getting in very close. This way the opponent is unable to attack you as you’re too close for their blows to generate power or momentum.
- Opening blows – This technique is based on a 360 degree awareness system where the fighter evenly distributes his attention and strikes to manage and survive the environment.
- Use of the Surroundings – You can use a wall behind you or to your side as part of your defense. For example, when your attacker swings at you, you can grab his arm and redirect all his energy into the nearby wall instead of interrupting his momentum with a strike.
Few kicks are also allowed as part of KFM. In addition, it also uses a seven ranges of combats including the punching range, close range locks, short close range strikes, the trapping range, kicking range among others.
Why Learn Keysi Fighting Method?
Learning KFM gives many benefits both physical benefits and mental benefits . First, it instils in you the idea of survival that you need to be the predator and not the prey. This helps you in becoming good in self defense and master militant martial arts in general. The art also helps in increasing your coordination and overall emotional health. Another reason of learning KFM art is you get to have more self-confidence. You become more comfortable in all situations, whether you are in danger or not, and you will discover you can actually accomplish anything you set your mind to.
- Greater strength and flexibility
- Better concentration
- Improved self image
- Instills discipline
- Increased strength as a result of using body weight exercises as part of warm-up
Self defense is a very important aspect in a persons’ life. So it is your duty to know how to defend yourself by learning the best defense method.