Mixed Martial Arts for Women
MMA for women offers a variety of benefits, from dropping a few pounds, increasing metabolism, improving strength and coordination, or for a sense of security through knowing self-defense. Mixed martial arts provides a variety of styles and techniques to women, including moves from boxing, wrestling, karate, taekwondo, judo, and more. Does a woman have to be an expert in these things to be able to adequately and safely defend herself? No! You don’t have to be a black belt to enjoy the benefits of mixed martial arts.
Benefits of mixed martial arts for women
Women taking a mixed martial arts class can benefit in numerous ways. We can’t possibly count them all, but we can offer a few of the top reasons why many women take mixed martial arts classes:
- Mixed martial arts classes provide the ultimate calorie burn
- Mixed martial arts for women helps build and maintain muscle tone
- Mixed martial arts classes provide an excellent resource for learning how to defend oneself
Mixed martial arts for women does not encourage women to fight, but to defend and protect themselves long enough to get away from an attacker. In a mixed martial arts class for women, you will learn how to strike with the fists, the elbows, and the feet. You’ll also learn defensive moves to protect your face and vital organs, as well as how to deliver a quick strike to an attacker or opponent that will allow you to get away from a personally dangerous situation as quickly and safely as possible.
Mental benefits of mixed martial arts classes
Women of all ages and capabilities join mixed martial arts classes, not only for the physical conditioning, but also for the psychological benefits, which include but are not limited to:
- Stress relief (where else can you kick and punch your way through frustration?) through striking stationary targets or sparring with a partner
- Release of endorphins through physical activity and exercise helps to calm the body, mind, and soul. Endorphins are the body’s own, natural “feel-good” medicine
- Sense of increased security by knowing how to escape from a hold, defend yourself against an attacker, and get away from a dangerous situation as safely as possible
Can all women join mixed martial arts classes?
Women of all ages join mixed martial arts classes. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a teenager or a 70-year-old woman. Mixed martial arts for women offers classes where women progress on individual levels, based on physical capability. Many women take mixed martial arts classes for the exercise, the socialization, and the skills that they learn at their own pace. You don’t have to compete in tournaments in order to join mixed martial arts for women, but just be willing to develop and enhance your own strength, coordination and stamina.
Mixed martial arts for women offer untold benefits, both physically and psychologically. Increase your self-confidence and sense of self by immersing yourself in the tradition, discipline, and ethics of martial arts from many different cultures and geographical regions. You’ll be amazed at what you learn. Contact us now and sign up for a free trial.